Bug Shield Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by fish4funjb, Dec 30, 2008.

1. fish4funjb

fish4funjb New Member

Actually comes from the little Plastic tabs that run down the windshield on the right and left side. VERY annoying at speeds over 60mph.

2. smainsw

smainsw Rockstar

I have GM bugshield installed on mine before I bought the truck, no noises what so ever.

3. fish4funjb

fish4funjb New Member

This is for NBS trucks and Tahoes. I actually put some 3M tape under the plastic strips and it fixed the issues. I pulled the plastic strips up and put 3m under where you cannot see it.

4. dbobrow

dbobrow New Member

AVS Bug Sheild

Okay, I just put one on and the noise was driving me insane! I had to take it off to make sure that was the culprit and not the trim around the windshield. It is DEFINATELY the bug shield. Going in the garbage!

5. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

If you're going to trash it send it to me and I'll give it a try if it's for the NBS trucks.:lol:

6. Heineken

Heineken Rockstar

Are we aling about the bug deflector that attaches to the bootom of the hood or the wind deflectors that attach to the outter doors? I only have the AVS bug deflector. I drove to Vegas from Colorado Springs over the summer and it was as quiet as a pop-corn fart:rofl:

7. fish4funjb

fish4funjb New Member

Yes,
    It is the AVS Bug shield that connects to the bottom of the hood. I finally was able to get it to stop by applying 3M tape under the plastic tabs on the left and right of the wind shield. It is as quiet now, and doesn't sound like popcorn at all LOL.

8. dbobrow

dbobrow New Member

AVS Bug Shield Noise

Can you take a couple of pics and post so I can see exactly where to place the 3M tape? Also, what kind of 3M tape did you use?

Thanks!

Dave

9. fish4funjb

fish4funjb New Member

I'll try to do it tomorrow at lunch.

10. fish4funjb

fish4funjb New Member

Here is a pic of the left trim that makes the noise on NBS 2007 Silverado. The right side is the same way. I pulled both up and placed automotive 3M tape underneath. You really cannot tell unless you point it out.

Attached Files: