1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bugs everywhere!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Crakums_GT, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Here in ND bugs are anything but scarce and a 5 minute drive down the highway turns the front end of my truck into a conglomerate of yellows, greens, and miscellaneous wings and legs. Is there anything that helps cut this down a bit? Something that is safe for the paint and plastic that will cut down on the "stickage"?

-Greg
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Only thing i can think of is a bra, in Saskatchewan we have it really really bad too. I'm sure Manitoba has it the worst, with Winnipeg being the mosquito capital of the world( in my eyes). I feel your pain that's for sure. Bra, or maybe the invisible rock chip guard?
  3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'd say the invisible bra/covers would be the best. the leather or cloth bra's tend to losen after time and rub against the paint. I wish I would of done the invisible thing to my truck when I first bought it, now I have chips in my paint.:grrrrrr:
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I don't know what would stop them, but it I seem to remember that WD-40 is good to get them off. Good luck!
  5. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Cool thanks. I was thinking about a bra or something. I'll have to see what I can find. And thanks for the WD-40 input. I'll try that this week when I wash her.

-Greg
  6. Restlessone

Restlessone Member

pledge

I put pledge on the leading edge of the wings of my airplane. Makes them a lot easier to get off and so far hasn't hurt the paint. Been using it for 15 years.
  7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I went to part source and bought a bottle of this for $5
    [​IMG]
    And it works quite well! You spray it on, let it sit for a minute or five(because i had ALOT of bugs) and then take a cloth and wipe it all off! I needed to do this twice, to get the real nasty ones off.
  8. bigredb714

bigredb714 New Member

I just use regular car wash soap, and the bug scruber pad. It also works really good. And it doesnt take as much muscle as a normal old sponge does.