Bugs everywhere!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Crakums_GT, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Here in ND bugs are anything but scarce and a 5 minute drive down the highway turns the front end of my truck into a conglomerate of yellows, greens, and miscellaneous wings and legs. Is there anything that helps cut this down a bit? Something that is safe for the paint and plastic that will cut down on the "stickage"?

-Greg

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Only thing i can think of is a bra, in Saskatchewan we have it really really bad too. I'm sure Manitoba has it the worst, with Winnipeg being the mosquito capital of the world( in my eyes). I feel your pain that's for sure. Bra, or maybe the invisible rock chip guard?

3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'd say the invisible bra/covers would be the best. the leather or cloth bra's tend to losen after time and rub against the paint. I wish I would of done the invisible thing to my truck when I first bought it, now I have chips in my paint.:grrrrrr:

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I don't know what would stop them, but it I seem to remember that WD-40 is good to get them off. Good luck!

5. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Cool thanks. I was thinking about a bra or something. I'll have to see what I can find. And thanks for the WD-40 input. I'll try that this week when I wash her.

-Greg

6. Restlessone

Restlessone Member

pledge

I put pledge on the leading edge of the wings of my airplane. Makes them a lot easier to get off and so far hasn't hurt the paint. Been using it for 15 years.

7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I went to part source and bought a bottle of this for $5
    [​IMG]
    And it works quite well! You spray it on, let it sit for a minute or five(because i had ALOT of bugs) and then take a cloth and wipe it all off! I needed to do this twice, to get the real nasty ones off.

8. bigredb714

bigredb714 New Member

I just use regular car wash soap, and the bug scruber pad. It also works really good. And it doesnt take as much muscle as a normal old sponge does.