Built a sleeping platform.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I hate sleeping in tents, and I got the topper for this reason, so here it be:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one of the truck with dads boat hooked up and topper on:
    [​IMG]

I'll be taking it out next weekend hopefully to test it out. I've got an air mattress so it shouldn't be too bad!

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i like it!

if my 11 had a full 6 foot bed i might try something similar.

Alex

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nice job.. Got a 8 ft bed in mine..... Photo-0062.jpg Photo-0061.jpg It works..

4. Rocky

Rocky Member

Nice job. I was thinking similar. Then got a Tahoe instead. LOL

5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

So is the lifejacket your pillow? :lol: Looks good.

6. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good, I don't mind tent camping but can get under my tonneau cover if I want too lol. Only thing I would be careful of is the air mattress you use may get popped rubbing on the cap's clamps.

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is where it's good to be short. I can lie down on my ext cab's rear seat and sleep fully outstretched! :)

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

hey, some of us would rather be tall and cramped from time to time then be short and not be able to reach anything.... :p

Alex

9. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Wish I could, I'm not far from it but it would still be nice!

10. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I am short (5'7", which just so happens to be the exact length of the platform) and could probably sleep on the back seat, but since I've got two dogs, I figured I could let them sleep in the cab and I'll take the more spacious area.

And thanks Salesguy for the tip on the clamps....didn't exactly think of that when I built this. I think I may get some kind of insulated cover (for pipe or something) and cover those up. Still going to carpet it as well for a no slip surface, and build some slides on the long part for an easy access storage area.

Got a lot more ideas that will be coming to fruition as we go along. Thinking storage and space saving will be the name of the next few mods, so I'll keep you all updated as it comes!

Oh, and Riley, the life jacket was my pillow in testing it, lol!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012