1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

bulbs for DDL lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by brillo72, Mar 22, 2014.

1. brillo72

brillo72 New Member

I converted my daytime driving lights to amber and like them that way except they are so much brighter than the parking lights because they are a double filament bulb. Since one has already burned out and I have to replace it does anyone know if I can replace it with a single filament bulb like the parking lights? Would I use the same bulb as the parking light or some other bulb? Thanks
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I replaced my 2000 SIL DRL lamps years ago used the long life replacements . these have a longer life because they have a rating of 14 volts... auto zone is where I got them.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Replacing them with "marker" lamps will not buy you anything. DDL lights need to be bright enough to be seen in daylight. Marker/park/tail lights are not that bright.