Bull Bar: Aries or Westin

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WilliamsZ71, Feb 4, 2007.

1. WilliamsZ71

WilliamsZ71 New Member

Hey all, I have an 05 Silverado Crew Z71 and I am looking to get a new bull bar so I can put my Piaa Lamps on. I am trying to choose between an Aries or a Westin. They both seem to be on top as far as bull bars go. I am told the the Aries will last longer since it is polished stainless steal where as the Westin is chrome plated stainless steal. They both have a lifetime waranty. If any one has any opinions and pictures it would be great to help my decision. Thanks.

WilliamsZ71
    Calgary, AB
    05 Silverado Crew Z71

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sorry I can’t help with pictures but I would go with the stainless, also depending on how they are mounted would make a difference as far as how well they work.

3. NJclassic

NJclassic New Member

i like black accessories. Im still waiting to see a good looking black bull bar, hat wont eliminate the front tow hooks

1 person likes this.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Are you looking for just the bull bar or like the style I have?

[​IMG]

Mine was dealer installed so I'm not sure what make it is but the PIAA lights are very nice!

5. NJclassic

NJclassic New Member

I think he means one of those 3" bars that sweeps up and protects the bumper and part of the grille. Usually has a spot for a pair of lights. Thats what I was talking about anyway. Not a full blown grill/ head light gaurd like you have.

Sweet looking HD btw, love the color

6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks! When I was shopping for a 2500HD w/Duramax, I found several of the more common colors but had never seen a yellow one so it was first on my list to see. Of course the dealer had put all the bling bling on it which made it harder to resist! :)

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  8. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Westin also has their Eseries which is a polished stainless and its cheaper than the chrome plated units. www.westinautomotive.com

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This old thread would be great to have some images added to it. ;-)