Bull Bar: Aries or Westin

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WilliamsZ71, Feb 4, 2007.

1. WilliamsZ71

WilliamsZ71 New Member

Hey all, I have an 05 Silverado Crew Z71 and I am looking to get a new bull bar so I can put my Piaa Lamps on. I am trying to choose between an Aries or a Westin. They both seem to be on top as far as bull bars go. I am told the the Aries will last longer since it is polished stainless steal where as the Westin is chrome plated stainless steal. They both have a lifetime waranty. If any one has any opinions and pictures it would be great to help my decision. Thanks.

Calgary, AB
    05 Silverado Crew Z71
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sorry I can’t help with pictures but I would go with the stainless, also depending on how they are mounted would make a difference as far as how well they work.
  3. NJclassic

NJclassic New Member

i like black accessories. Im still waiting to see a good looking black bull bar, hat wont eliminate the front tow hooks
    1 person likes this.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Are you looking for just the bull bar or like the style I have?

Mine was dealer installed so I'm not sure what make it is but the PIAA lights are very nice!
  5. NJclassic

NJclassic New Member

I think he means one of those 3" bars that sweeps up and protects the bumper and part of the grille. Usually has a spot for a pair of lights. Thats what I was talking about anyway. Not a full blown grill/ head light gaurd like you have.

Sweet looking HD btw, love the color
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks! When I was shopping for a 2500HD w/Duramax, I found several of the more common colors but had never seen a yellow one so it was first on my list to see. Of course the dealer had put all the bling bling on it which made it harder to resist! :)
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  8. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Westin also has their Eseries which is a polished stainless and its cheaper than the chrome plated units. www.westinautomotive.com
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This old thread would be great to have some images added to it. ;-)