1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bull Bar or Brush Guard?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by atxhookem, Aug 17, 2011.

1. atxhookem

atxhookem New Member

Going back and forth and not sure which to go with. Four options here. 1) Black brush guard 2) Stainless Steel Brush Guard 3) Black Bull Bar or 4) Stainless Steel Bull Bar.

I do know that I will later be adding a Black Weatherguard Low Profile Tool Box. Should I take this in choosing my front end options as well as the trims and accents I have now?????

I welcome all of y'alls input. Looks like we have a ton of folks on here with some great looking Rigs.

Attached Files:

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Definitely a black brush guard. I would never consider a bull bar because they're for appearance only and have no utility to them.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

X2, black brush guard, much stronger than a bullbar. If you think you may want to put a winch on your truck in the future then make sure you get a b/guard that is winch compatible, has a winch plate.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

You can by the Warn brush gaurd without the winch plate and then if you decide to add a winch you can then buy the winch plate for that brush guard.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

been looking at brush gaurds for my truck as well. wanna get it leveled first.

Alex
  5. trapstud

trapstud New Member 1000 Posts

I would go with a SS Brush Guard. It gives you more options for additions in the future. I think SS because it would match the wheels and grille much better.
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

I'm gonna say black brush guard as well. Looks better in my opinion and more functional/ practical than just a bull bar.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

I'd say a bull bar if you just want somethin for looks otherwise it would defeat the purpose of getting a brush guard and also a winch. I only paid $150 for my smittybuilt powdercoated gloss black bull bar and i love it. I am thinking about replacing my front/rear bumper with Fab fours with bull bar built in it with fog lights and a winch hook up all color matched! I'd say just do what you wanna do and if your on a budget get what you can if you need a brush guard go for it man! We all have our opinions about what we like and don't like..
  8. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

I had a bull bar for a while and took it off. Just looks cleaner without it IMO. For your truck I would go with a SS brushguard, to match your chrome wheels, steps, handles/mirrors.
  9. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Not a big fan of the bull bars.....I vote black b/gard.