1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bull Bar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by groceryman, Aug 30, 2009.

1. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just installed a new chrome Bull Bar great fit easy install will try to get some pics up asap now hopefully to move on to leveling kit install .I also need some lights to put on my bull bar any suggestions thanks
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Bullbar

I am assuming that you bought the Westin bull bar with the skid plate, if that's the case you can fit two 6" lights in there barely! As far as lights go I only have experience with PIAA and KC, here are the difference I have noticed:

KC lights- cheap price, bad chrome plating so stainless is a must, awesome light output with high wattage bulbs rated at 100-130 watts. Easily available to purchase, and very popular among off-roaders.

PIAA lights- Absolutely one of the best pre-terminated wiring harnesses out there, very simple hookup for even the beginner. High quality components, with an equally high price tag. Lower wattage ratings, means less output as far as performance. Great looks when on or off, which is a plus in the day time as well.
  3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I can't wait to see these pictures, i really want one for my truck
  4. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I myself have been going back and forth on whether I want one or not. I can't wait to see those pics! Maybe it will help me decide. :great:
  5. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm in the same boat about whether or not to get one, can't wait to see how it looks!
  6. groceryman

7. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Does anyone know if bull bars work in conjunction with body lifts because they usually mount to where the tow hooks are but i have spacers in place there?
  8. Henchman

Henchman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

You know the bull bar looks good on the Classic Chevys, but I don't know about the new body style.
  9. groceryman

Here is a pic
  10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Groceryman I absolutely love that bull bar! It is distinctly unique from the Westin one, the bars on yours are awesome looking. The absence of the skid plate is nice for a change, I think it looks really sweet! The KC lights are a good light as well, but those vinyl covers don't last long if you don't treat them. I used to use a marine grade vinyl protect for them, it just keeps the UV rays from eating away at them especially because they are black. :great: