1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

bully dog power pup

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Jimbo3, May 31, 2010.

1. Jimbo3

Jimbo3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I found a bully dog power pup programmer model number 43590 for $200.... It goes for $450 new. I've always wanted one and i am wondering if it is a good buy. What are some things I should look for so I know I'm not buying a band one or something. 06 silverado 1500 5.3L
  2. boostwhipped24

boostwhipped24 New Member

what features do the power pup offer for the non deisel trucks
  3. Jimbo3

I actually just bought it, it has different power settings, shift points, shirt firmness, tire size, speed imitator, and some more... I only increased my truck one setting higher then stock, and what a big difference. Shift nice and hard, alot more get up and go to it, quicker off the start, no lag
  4. boostwhipped24

boostwhipped24 New Member

thats, sick and its all just plug and play. Did it help you get more mpg, like the bully dog's do for the diesel.
  5. Jimbo3

I guess you can call it a plug and play... You need to remove some fuses first before you plug it in, and after you are do programming the truck, you put the fuses back in.. Ive been doing more highway driving this week because of work, so my mpg is going up, but not sure if that's because of the highway driving for the programmer
  6. Jimbo3

What settings are you running on your bully dog power pup and what are the results? I'm trying to figure out the best combination