Burb 2003 front blower woes!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by stprovost, Aug 12, 2007.

1. stprovost

stprovost New Member

Hello, I purchased my 2003 burb in march 2007. I have the dual electronic controlled hvac system. Lately I noticed the front blower does not run when calling for AC. I get some cold air coming out my front vents when I go 65 mph on the highway. My rear air blower works properly at all times. Is there a recall on this issue or Tech Serv Bulletin?
    thanks
    stephen
    2003 Suburban
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member

More info please

You didn't mention if the problem is just during AC use or if the blower works when you use the heater. A common problem on GM trucks is the diverter which you can search these forums for a solution.
  3. stprovost

stprovost New Member

follow up

Hello, I did some more testing and determined the following:

I was able to get heat or cool air, thus the air diverter is working properly.

My issue is with the front blower. It has a mind of its own.
    Sometimes when I turn off the truck and open the door, the blower is still going. I even press the off button on the front panel and the blower is still going :grrrrrr:

I have found a ac delco part that is called the blower controller for $56.
    According to the tech bulletins, this part needs to be replaced with an updated version of this blower controller.

stephen
  4. unplugged

unplugged New Member

Let us know how that works out. If you diy, take some pics and post them too.