1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Burb search 2000

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pharmakon, May 15, 2008.

1. pharmakon

pharmakon New Member

I guess I'll just jump right in here. I'm looking for an older Suburban 2500 around 1999+ and wanted to get some opinions on what to look for in regards to what year/options are primo. In my experience there is nothing worse than buying a vehicle only to find later on that next year they made some huge improvement or to find that I should have been looking for a specific options package that would have made my project easier. I found that out the hard way with my 95 Rodeo, it's motor was the last of a dying breed due to lifter problems.

I definably want a 4x4 and a diesel and I'm thinking of dropping a new powerplant in as well as other goodies. I can paint, I can weld, I'm good with a wrench, I can chase a spark. I plan on buying it soon and driving it around while I save enough money to start the process.

Need a strong truck for the apocalypse. One that can run over zombies and hold plenty of guns. :lol: