Burb search 2000

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pharmakon, May 15, 2008.

1. pharmakon

pharmakon New Member

I guess I'll just jump right in here. I'm looking for an older Suburban 2500 around 1999+ and wanted to get some opinions on what to look for in regards to what year/options are primo. In my experience there is nothing worse than buying a vehicle only to find later on that next year they made some huge improvement or to find that I should have been looking for a specific options package that would have made my project easier. I found that out the hard way with my 95 Rodeo, it's motor was the last of a dying breed due to lifter problems.

I definably want a 4x4 and a diesel and I'm thinking of dropping a new powerplant in as well as other goodies. I can paint, I can weld, I'm good with a wrench, I can chase a spark. I plan on buying it soon and driving it around while I save enough money to start the process.

Need a strong truck for the apocalypse. One that can run over zombies and hold plenty of guns. :lol: