1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Burb search 2000

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by pharmakon, May 16, 2008.

1. pharmakon

pharmakon New Member

(duplicate post from over in general tech but I think it's better suited for this thread)

2. pharmakon

pharmakon New Member

Did a little research and it appears the the new body and frame style happened in 2000. Does anyone know anything about this year and what is right and wrong with it as compared to the previous one. Any major kinks get worked out 1-2 years later? Also with the engine, any engine model in that range better for upgrades, installing turbos and just all around performance? And with the transmission, should I be seeking a manual or auto/certain kind.

Any inside information would be helpful. I figure there is a wealth of knowledge here I really would appreciate the inside scoop.

Thanks
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  3. bkovacs

bkovacs New Member

I have a '99 k2500 the only problems really so far is that the intake manifold leaks coolant, it was a common problem with the vortec 5700 and 7400 due to poor design.. I have owned one of the 2000 style trucks.. which would be comparable to a 2000 or newer suburban... they redesigned all motors as you probably know and all transmissions.. if you want to spend more than 7000 I would try to find the newer style the drivetrains overall are much better.. the 6.0L has a much wider powerband and feels comparable to my 7.4L except when towing you can feel a slight difference in torque
  4. outdoor7or24

outdoor7or24 New Member

How is the ride - 99 v. 2000

How does the ride compare on a 2500 when you compare the 1999 to the 2000?
  5. outdoor7or24

outdoor7or24 New Member

Did you ever find what you were looking for?

6. outdoor7or24

outdoor7or24 New Member

Did you get a 99 or 2000 ???

What do you think about the newer models?