1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Burns Oil?!

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 22inSilverado, Apr 22, 2009.

1. 22inSilverado

22inSilverado New Member

So i have a 2005 1500 Silverado and just of late it has started to burn oil, i figured it is burning oil becasue it isn't leaking any oil any where i have been trying to find a leak and have not been able to find one so at this point i believe it is burning it. The truck is straight piped ran with no mufflers it has edlebrock shortty headers, different underdrive pulley. If anyone has any input or info, or just anything to say that they think i should do let me know!! Thanks!
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

First question I have is what oil are you running and weight?
  3. 22inSilverado

22inSilverado New Member

I use 5W-30 right now should i got to a heavier oil, i mean i am not really too good with mechanilcal problems. But it has been burning it i knwo that for a fact
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

burns oil

I would look at the spark plugs for oil residue.
  5. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

A heavier oil may stop oil burning to some point. However you may notice a slight decrease in fuel economy.

How many miles are on your truck? and what size engine? and how much oil are you burning, a quart every 1000 miles?