1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

bushing kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by thekingsphance, Oct 29, 2008.

1. thekingsphance

thekingsphance Rockstar

Anyone here ever install a polyurethan bushing kit? I'm considering buying one but they cost an arm and a leg and was wondering if the benefits outweigh the costs. thaniks for any opinions.

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I haven't installed a full kit, but I did replace the sway bar bushings and end-links with an Energy Suspension kit. That kit made a little improvement in handling. I've heard that a full kit makes a big difference, but I don't have any personal experience with them. Pete95Sierra suggested Energy Suspension to me, and I think he has installed a full kit before so you may ask him if he doesn't post on here anyway.

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My skyjacker lift came with polyurethane bushings. It was hard to notice a difference because of the other changes to the suspension. I put a full set on my 77 Firebird and it made a huge difference on that car. The only complaint I have about them is the squeaking, they both squeak even though I lubed them well when I installed them.

4. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

It makes a BIG difference. Just get the black kit and not the red. The bushings are graphite impregnated to prevent squeaking.

5. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go with the poly's. They will outlast the others.