bushing kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by thekingsphance, Oct 29, 2008.

1. thekingsphance

thekingsphance Rockstar

Anyone here ever install a polyurethan bushing kit? I'm considering buying one but they cost an arm and a leg and was wondering if the benefits outweigh the costs. thaniks for any opinions.

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I haven't installed a full kit, but I did replace the sway bar bushings and end-links with an Energy Suspension kit. That kit made a little improvement in handling. I've heard that a full kit makes a big difference, but I don't have any personal experience with them. Pete95Sierra suggested Energy Suspension to me, and I think he has installed a full kit before so you may ask him if he doesn't post on here anyway.

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My skyjacker lift came with polyurethane bushings. It was hard to notice a difference because of the other changes to the suspension. I put a full set on my 77 Firebird and it made a huge difference on that car. The only complaint I have about them is the squeaking, they both squeak even though I lubed them well when I installed them.

4. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

It makes a BIG difference. Just get the black kit and not the red. The bushings are graphite impregnated to prevent squeaking.

5. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go with the poly's. They will outlast the others.