1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

bushwacker fender flares

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jfk, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jfk

jfk Member 100 Posts

I got my new fender flares in now i have to wait 3 to 4 weeks before the body shop can paint them.l am not in a hurry to get them painted but has anyone painted a set before?are they easy to do?
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC.

I had a body shop do my 3" BW flares. I wasn't willing to do it, myself, as I wanted mine paint-matched to the metallic colour of my truck. The image, below, speaks for itself. If you got the ones intended to be painted you definitely should get them painted (even if just black w/ clear coat), as they'll turn greyish over time if you don't. I've seen that before on trucks and it looks BAD....
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Actually, even textured flares will eventually fade and turn gray.

I have painted other things on my truck other than the flares (because I don't have them....lol). Of course, white is easy to color match. If you can stay patient, I would just have them professionally painted to match if you have a different color. If you're painting them white or black, it's really not too hard to make it look good and last.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!