1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buyer loyalty

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by TrailLeadr, Jul 10, 2007.

?

What should North American auto makers do to win back sales from foreign auto makers?

1. Increase fuel efficiency

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Increase quality/reliability

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Lower prices

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Other

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  5. No opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What in your opinion should North American Auto makers do to help increase buyer loyalty?
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Voted.

Quality and reliablity are a MUST!
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Straighten out some of there dumb A$$ rogue dealersips...
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know you meant to say North American...Mr Man...LOL
  5. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I call 'em $tealer$hips, all they care about is money
  6. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Build them here.

Make the dealerships better.

Increasing mileage is being done as we speak.

Reliability is better than ever, and getting better every day.
  7. terry0341

terry0341 Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I'm with fiero

Dito what 84 Fiero said!
  8. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

Really this poll should allow multiple answers as there is no one that is more important than the other. I would say that the 1st 3 options, combined, have hit the nail on the head. Actually, IMO, it applies to ALL auto mfg's not just the Big 3.

Increasing fuel efficiency, improving quality and reliability, and definitely lowering the costs are needed. We are paying WAY too much for vehicles that are of lesser quality( technology has advanced for sure but actual "quality" of the vehicles has dropped significantly - don't confuse the two - everything from the quality of the paint job to the quality of the body/mechanical parts used is dropping )and with the obvious fuel crisis improving efficiency is a must if any of us are going to be able to drive in the future.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  9. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, speaking as a diehard Euro-lover. I think what they have to absolutely do is work on design. I think they have made major strides recently, but to be frank, GM sedans still look like rental cars. They need to make a car with classic and lasting style. Unfortunately, the Euro's have gotten distracted by the design antichrist, Chris Bangle. I think all of the manufacturers are going to get busy with the fuel effeciency and stuff. If they really wanted to be forward thinking, they would work on smart-deisel cars.:party:
  10. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well, everytime I hear a pop, squeak, rattle, or a clunk... it quickly reminds me of the one single thing I wish GM would improve.

Oh, and cheaper prices (without crazy rebates) is always a bonus.