Buying a new LTZ

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Hid_positive, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Hid_positive

Hid_positive New Member

so i was at my local chevy dealer and have decided to get a new 09' 4 door silverado 1500 LTZ after sitting with a salesman (family friend) and seeing the deal i can get on one. Not sure what options i want and can afford but they already come with more then enough options for me but im wondering if anyone has any regrets about not buying something when they purchased thiers new? i was thinking about getting the 6.0l vs the 5.3. I wont be towing much with it or hauling lots of weight and was wondering if its a better motor all around or if theres any other little things to look into

Can you guys give me some feedback here of what you would have done differently.

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i would have waited till this thing comming up, (i dont know much about it) where you dont have to pay sales tax on vehicles

3. Hid_positive

Hid_positive New Member

really? wow i should look into that and kind of wait and hold out. I was going to trade my 97 jeep GCL in for a new subaru forester (i work at a dealership and own a 10 second built sti) as part as the cash for clunkers thing but decided I want a full size truck.

Im gonna do some research, since my car doesnt qualify me to get a big credit with the CARS programs im no longer in a rush to buy this new truck. I figure ill wait till the govt promotion is over so dealerships go from selling 50 cars a week to back to 15 and see if i can really get a great deal on one. Im in NJ and we have 7% sales tax

4. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

If your friend of the family works with GM see if he can get you a dealer discount. Thats how I got my truck.. a friend of mine was a regional manager for GM... Also if you're not doing a lot of heavy towing or hauling the 5.3 is fine that's what I got, an 08 LTZ ext cab std box with flex fuel.

5. Hid_positive

Hid_positive New Member

ok, i will be heading to the dealership again (Monday) when he gets back from vaca and were gonna sit down and talk about pricing and payments and other fun stuff. Hopefully by mid next week ill order one or get one off the lot.

6. Darknesss23

what color? what other specs were you thinking about? seeing if the dealer will hook you up with a friends and family discount thing is crucial... saved me a bunch of money! i got about 99% of the truck i wanted... i originally wanted a Z17 LTZ but they said they didn't have or couldn't find a Z71 LTZ with 20" rims... so i settled for a regular 4x4 LTZ with 20's... it has the Z85 towing/handling suspension so it worked out

7. Hid_positive

Hid_positive New Member

the dealership has a blue one on the lot with the 20's. The 20's are nice but i plan on lifting the truck and putting some bigger tires on in the next year or so. Probably like 33's or something of that nature. As far as other options go I built my own LTZ and it looks something like this.

-2009 silverado crew cab short bed 4wd ltz
    -5.3l vortex SFI flexfuel w/ AFM
    -silver birch metallic with black leather
    - Protection Package. Includes rear wheelhouse liner, molded splash guards (front and rear with logo on rear) and bed rail protector. Dealer installed option.
    -18" chrome clad alum wheels
    -power sunroof
    -Will rhino line it or some kind of bed protector myself

its pretty basic but i feel like since its an LTZ its already pretty much loaded with everything i need

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would add the aftermarket exhaust (from GM) to that then its covered by your original warranty, everybody here seems to get new trucks and never get the exhaust done when it should be done so they pay 500-1000 bucks out of pocket later when they could have gotten a warrantied by the factory and just add it to the price of the truck

9. Darknesss23

Sounds like a solid truck... I too am thinking of lifting my truck... i found a 2" tuff country lift and found some 33" tires with an LT/E rating (i think i'm going to go with Dueler A/T Revo's as I have had them before and never failed me

10. Hid_positive

Hid_positive New Member

im going to do a leveling kit probably in the fall or winter depending on how much extra cash i have and maybe lift it this time next year. I wanna try to double and tripple up on payments the first year or so and knock a big chunk of the loan off before i start adding parts onto the truck.