1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buying advice

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by PlasticTrucks, Mar 19, 2009.

1. PlasticTrucks

PlasticTrucks New Member

So aside from the hotrod project I'm also looking to replace my daily driver truck, right now I drive a 95 F150 (oh, for shame!) which I have a buyer for, I was looking at this truck; http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/1076264251.html The current owner has had it since 2001 and had the trans rebuilt 2 years ago at a reputable tranny shop. He believes it is the original engine. What should I look for on this for common problems? Do you think the engine is nearing it's end? I have owned several pre-87 GM trucks and a couple newer ones (99 sierra & 02 avalanche) but none from this era.

I drive 3/4 of a mile each way to work 5 days a week and occasionally haul the wheelers out to play on the weekends. so I dont mind the bad gas mileage so much.