1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buying advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Necred, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Necred

Necred Member

Hey Guys,
    Im new to the site....I am thinking about buying a 00 2500 CC/7.1/4wd /3.7w/88k miles for 12k.. I have search the net for any info about this Trk w/o any luck.This will not be a daily driver and i know the MPG will not exceed 15. I am told some will not get in double digits, is this common?
    is there any major problems surrounding this yr truck? is there is any common problem, i can use this as leverage on the price?...Currently I own a 93 CTD, and i want to have a resonable amt of confidence in chevy truck before i give up my CTD...Mostly I need a good truck that i can put carseats in, in this price range. Any suggestions are appreciated...
    :biggrin:
  2. Necred

Necred Member

Yall sure are a friendly bunch....
  3. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

Take it easy bud.

This isn't the most active Chevy truck forum. You can post a question and it could take days to get an answer. I haven't answered you because I don't have any experience with the truck in question. I am sure it is the same for others. In time I am sure you will get an answer.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

According to the reliability ratings I'm seeing the '00 year 2500 was prey to a few issues. The list as follows:
    • Occasional problems on this vehicle are failures of the Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Vent Hose Assembly, the Fuel Pressure Regulator, and the Fuel Pump.
    • An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Transmission Valve Body, Automatic Transmission only.
    • An occasional problem is the failure of the Antilock Brake System (ABS) Control Module.
    • An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Ignition Switch and Lock Cylinder. This failure may prevent the vehicle from starting.
    • An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Fuel Level Sensor, gasoline engines only.