Buying advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Necred, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Necred

Necred Member

Hey Guys,
    Im new to the site....I am thinking about buying a 00 2500 CC/7.1/4wd /3.7w/88k miles for 12k.. I have search the net for any info about this Trk w/o any luck.This will not be a daily driver and i know the MPG will not exceed 15. I am told some will not get in double digits, is this common?
    is there any major problems surrounding this yr truck? is there is any common problem, i can use this as leverage on the price?...Currently I own a 93 CTD, and i want to have a resonable amt of confidence in chevy truck before i give up my CTD...Mostly I need a good truck that i can put carseats in, in this price range. Any suggestions are appreciated...
    :biggrin:

2. Necred

Necred Member

Yall sure are a friendly bunch....

3. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

Take it easy bud.

This isn't the most active Chevy truck forum. You can post a question and it could take days to get an answer. I haven't answered you because I don't have any experience with the truck in question. I am sure it is the same for others. In time I am sure you will get an answer.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

According to the reliability ratings I'm seeing the '00 year 2500 was prey to a few issues. The list as follows:
    • Occasional problems on this vehicle are failures of the Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Vent Hose Assembly, the Fuel Pressure Regulator, and the Fuel Pump.
    • An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Transmission Valve Body, Automatic Transmission only.
    • An occasional problem is the failure of the Antilock Brake System (ABS) Control Module.
    • An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Ignition Switch and Lock Cylinder. This failure may prevent the vehicle from starting.
    • An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Fuel Level Sensor, gasoline engines only.