Buying Tips Needed

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bUCKOLA, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bUCKOLA

bUCKOLA New Member

Hi all,
    Just joined ....What better site to get some advice on buying a used Silverado than here!!! I will be going to look at a 2003 reg. cab, short/step, 2wd, auto,V8 ( not sure which one) with about 60,000 miles (100,000Km). Is there anything I should pay extra attention to with this model year.

thanks in advance

Steve

2. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 Rockstar

Theres nothing ive heard of thats bad about that truck. Just not a real side step fan.​

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love step sides!

How much are they asking?

4. bUCKOLA

bUCKOLA New Member

$13,000.00 CAN....It would translate to about $10,500.00 US. Too much?

5. Silverado SS

Silverado SS Member

Hmm. . .it depends on what its like, ok condition, great condition, excellent condition or horrible condition? :happy:

6. bUCKOLA

bUCKOLA New Member

Since I've only seen a picture of the truck I would say its good ...maybe very good.

7. bUCKOLA

bUCKOLA New Member

Took it out for a test drive this morning. It drove as new. No rattles , shimmies or shakes. And it stopped when I stepped on the brakes lol. It's appears to have been well cared for.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  8. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Are you not looking for any extra features? just curious...cause it sounds kinda bottom line accept for the V8 part.

9. bUCKOLA

bUCKOLA New Member

It had all options except leather. Unfortunately the deal fell through. I did a Carfax on it and it came back showing the truck had been in a collision with $8k worth of damages. It seems in 2005 during a wind storm, their neigbors rain barrel blew into the truck, dented the fender and scratched the bumper. In Ontario we have Accident Reporting Centres that you take your car to to get estimates. They are not usually very thorough and estimate to the high side.The neigbhor paid the deductable and the the truck was repaired with new GM parts . Long story short...I still would have bought it but didnt want to be saddled with that accident report if and when I sold or traded it in. I'd lose big.
    I told them if they could get the report from reading "collision" to " Miscel" damge... I would still buy it. Me thinks that will be next to impossible.

10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Did you do a kelly blue book quote?