1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buying used...Things to look for

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by Buckem, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Buckem

Buckem New Member

Anything in particular to look for in buying a used D-max? Will be buying a used '05 or newer and just wondering of past issues or problem signs.Also, are all those high mile Texas trucks a good buy or stay away from them? Seen 100,000 mile '07's going for a good price, worth a plane ticket or no? Thanks in advance.
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

The only widespread problem ive heard of is duramax's having head gasket failure due to a to high compression ratio. But GM fixed this by lowering the compression ratio. Your model should be fine.
  3. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I've heard of some injector problems, but nothing too major. I loved my father's Duramax in his 05.
  4. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What price are you talking about? Cause i got my truck for 3,300.
  5. Buckem

Buckem New Member

Just purchased an '08 4x4 Crew D-Max w/80,000 mi for $23,700. Loaded up with leather too. Chevy don't let me down. Pick it up next week, my dad's looking at it right now.:party:
  6. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new truck. Cant wait to see some pics.
  7. Buckem

Buckem New Member

[​IMG]
  8. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Awesome Duramax!!
  9. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

your spoiled now, they're sweet trucks
  10. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

Congrats Buckem
    I hope to be in your boots as soon as I unload this car I have in the Autotrader.