1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Buzzing motor/pump sound in driver's side footwell

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cosm3os, Dec 19, 2010.

1. cosm3os

cosm3os New Member

I have an 05 1500 Suburban. Since it's gotten cold, I've started noticing an intermittent buzzing (sounds/feels like a small pump or electric motor) around the driver's side foot well. It seems to only occur when I pull away from a stop, and it hums for about 2 seconds. Any ideas?

2. ghotachevy

ghotachevy Rockstar ROTM Winner

U sure ir not spinning the tires

3. cosm3os

cosm3os New Member

It's definitely coming from the front left. At first, I thought it might be a seized caliper or a bearing, but after paying attention to it, its definitely not those. It sounds like a bad pump (not an electrical buzz).

4. Dave D.

Dave D. New Member

If you have traction control, perhaps you can turn it off and see if the noice goes away.

5. cosm3os

cosm3os New Member

If you are implying that it might be the TC coming on because its sensed lost traction, its not. I know what that sounds like, and this is not in low traction circumstances.

6. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

Try disengaging the traction control using the button, if no change pull the 60amp fuse for the ABS system. When my ABS pack went bad it went intermittent then died and caused the pump to run continually, I pulled the pack and had it rebuilt a pain but worth the effort. The dealers charge about $700 for the job, mine was rebuilt with heavier solenoids for $150. I went without ABS for about a week with shipping back and forth.

Phil