1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Buzzing under the hood

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by ekutravis, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ekutravis

ekutravis New Member

A few weeks ago I noticed that when my wife would return from work and shut off the Equinox there would be a faint buzzing from underneath the hood. It would only last a few seconds and then go away. Here recently though, the buzzing has increased in volume and usually lasts about 5 minutes. I've tried tracking down the buzzing myself with no results to speak of. It seems to be coming from somewhere directly in the center in between the radiator and the engine. I know that's vague, but it's all I've got. Anybody out there experienced this or know what the problem might be?

Another problem I'm having is the AC only putting out cold air when the car is actually driving. Stop at a traffic light or stop sign and the fan continues to blow but the temperature of the air increases. Kinda wierd. Thanks everybody!

2. DaveGreen

DaveGreen New Member

I am having the exact same problems as well with the buzz and a/c on my 05 Nox.