By way of introduction...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by abe1217, Oct 19, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. abe1217

abe1217 New Member

let me start by wondering, "Who would I have been without my truck for the past 12years?"

I wouldn't have been a boat owner. After watching the shenanigans that occur at any boat launch area...a 4x4 rocks.
    I wouldn't have had refuge from the nothingness of divorce. In the face of walking out with nothing, I had my truck, which was something.
    I wouldn't have had a partner drag me up fire roads to trail heads and mountain hikes in search of myself.
    I may not be here at all without the means to warm my hypothermic self after searching for myself up a fire road, up a mountain hike, in an ice storm a little too long. Ah, Chevy heat good.
    I wouldn't have had means to remake myself as a carpenter, a house builder, and a business owner.
    And lastly, I wouldn't have experienced the joy of diagnosing, wrenching, customizing, and fixing which will always be a man-thing to do and a right of passage to the same.

Thanks for having me here. Cheers.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  3. donyms

donyms New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club Abe, it's good to have you aboard. seeing how you feel about your truck I have to say you found the right place. :sign0020:
  4. Bighornkid

Bighornkid New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, Abe.
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. abe1217

abe1217 New Member

Thank you all. Great site. Hoping to be a contributor as much as a customer.

Cheers,

Abe
  7. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!