1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

C1500 96 Turn signal issue, flash not sync.

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Semioo, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Semioo

Semioo New Member

Hi guys,
    I need your help please.

I made a video of the problem.

Headlights off there is no problem,
    turn signals are synchronized.

If I put the lights on the first position + turn signal then it is no longer synchronized.

All bulbs are working.
    the previous owner has already modified the wiring.
    I have to solve this problem before going to the car inspection.

I don't understand why when i put the lights on,the little bulb for corner turn signal is not syncro with other lights?!
    thank you in advance for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody know the wiring Diagram for this model ???

- - - Updated - - -

Please guys 40 view and 0 answer... ? If somebody can tel me wich color wire go where it's a good start.
    I stay in touch
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Active Member 500 Posts

Your video was helpful, and this is the correct place (GM Electrical Tech) to post your question about this issue. LOL I should have answered it here.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure I see what your talking about. I see two lights that are flashing together; headlights on, I then see two lights that are flashing together but not staying on for as long as they stayed on before.

If that is not what is happening, please advise.

Not being there to check things with a meter, I can only say that most of the time a flashing problem is usually caused by a poor ground.
  4. Semioo

Semioo New Member

[MENTION=68023]kennythewelder[/MENTION], no problem I see your answer on my introduction thread.
    I looking for info everywhere. :) [MENTION=54249]RayVoy[/MENTION], Thank you for your Help. If you look good on video at the left side of my headlight. is there a little bulb. Is the corner turn signal.
    I do a new video and post here it's maybe better than my info with my bad English vocabulary.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Video Turn signal issue V2
  5. RayVoy

Ok, @Senioo, now I see what your talking about. That is a very unusual condition. My truck flashes the way yours does when the lights are on. The side light flashes on when the front light flashes off.

I don't know why they would do that, it involves more wire and electric components.

Maybe yours is normal, I will try mine with the headlight on and with them off tonight.

BTW, your English is fine. I wish I could speak Flemish, or French as well as you speak English
  6. thzpcs

thzpcs Member

It's not a problem, it's a feature! lol. Honestly, I'm not really sure what could cause that issue other than a bad relay or something like that.
  7. RayVoy

Ok [MENTION=69634]Semioo[/MENTION], I don't have side lights, the light assemblies (front and rear) use a reflector to provide side signal lights. I checked my wife's car (Astra), it flashes the lights together under all conditions.

I had a vehicle that flashed the side lights on when the front/rear were off, and the sides were off when the front/rear were on. It might have been the '05 Envoy I traded on the '09.

Sorry, I'm not much help.