1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

C1500 reverse problems?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Kurtrice, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Kurtrice

Kurtrice New Member

I have a 95 c1500 and I'm having trouble when driving in reverse. The truck goes really slow and I really have to gas it to get it moving. Any idea what the problem might be? I have no problems while in drive.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Going to move this to the ck truck forum.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Anyone have any input?
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Have you checked to make sure a brake shoe hasnt come loose? Ive seen issues like this before.
    If the brakes are ok then youve got an issue in the trans. When you talk about gassing it is the engine spinning somewhat free or does it sound like its lugging down and working hard?
  5. texan1325

texan1325 New Member

If the parking brake isn't releasing all the way you wil have more resistance in reverse than you do in drive.
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Check the fluid level.
  7. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member 1 Year 100 Posts

It been almost a month when you wrote this post. Did you find the problem? If not, get some buddies and the truck on level ground. With the engine off and in neutral have them push the truck forward and then backward. If it is the brakes they should feel the difference. Or get your jack out and pull the drums.