1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cab Filters

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cascman, Nov 7, 2006.

1. cascman

cascman New Member

How does one change the cab filters?
    2000 Silverado ext cab Z71
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've heard that you only need to change them if you have an issue with dirty air, pollen, etc. So, I've never tried to change one.

Anyone?
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Wix website has a cool cabin filter location finder

Never changed one although when I frequented those Quicky Lube places, they always tried to sell me one. I checked the wix filters website and they indicated that the filter location on your truck is under the center of the dash.
    Follow this link and there is another link for the cabin air filter: http://www.wixfilters.com/filterloo...Engine=&TempSubModel=-1&TempYear=2000
  4. firedog

firedog New Member

i read on the amsoil site how to do it. they sell the cabin filter. not sure exact steps. but you take off wipers then the cow and its under there. check the amsoil site.