1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cab Grounding Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by chevyracingss, Dec 27, 2010.

1. chevyracingss

chevyracingss New Member

I have a 90 K1500 5.7L 5 spd that while the key is in the on position, ( engine on or off), all the gauges will "flutter" a little if an powered accessory with a switch (turn signal, hazards, pwr windows, pwr locks, headlights etc.) Some more than others. The oil pressure gage moves the most and the fuel gauge moves the least. The spedometer does not move at all. The temp and volt gages slightly "flutter". I believe this to be cab/chassis ground problem. But do not know where the proper ground would be. I checked the ground next to the battery, the instrument ground on the fire wall, and the three that I know of on the engine. Anyone else had this problem and possibly found a solution??
  2. pychokenny

pychokenny Rockstar 100 Posts

my truck does it to so does my 93 so does my 89 i thank it a comman thing
  3. chevyracingss

chevyracingss New Member

Fixed the problem somewhat, the gauges move a lot less now. There is a cab ground next to the battery that grounds to the "inner fender." I cleaned that up, cleaned up the engine block ground, the alternator ground and ground on the battery and it seemed to mostly cure the problem.