1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cab Leaking

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dutzowmo, Jan 20, 2009.

1. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

This weekend I was re routing my wires for my stereo to my back seat. While taking everything apart I pulled up the carpet and the back seat behind the driver's side, the padding was soaking wet. I looked around and everywhere else was dry in the truck except this area. The carpet had a rubber bottom so it couldn't of leak from there. They were no obvious holes, but there were two plastic plugs on the bottom. Could those be the problem? The wet spot took up the whole back side of the cab. What should I do to keep water from getting in?
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

!

If you can verify that the plugs are the source of the leak, that would make it too simple. If you can find the leak with a water hose from the outside, you might try some "sealer" or "caulk" to seal it off. Without finding the source your going to have a hard time. Good luck!