1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cab mounts going... How much/ where should I be looking?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Falcone, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Falcone

Falcone New Member

Well guys it seems my cab mounts are going on my 1992 sonoma reg cab. It's getting loud when I take a transition at any kind of speed so I figure it needs to be dealt with soon.

I also need a new drives side floor pan and drivers rocker pannel. The cab corners have already been patched, slightly ghetto patch but they're holding up since I've had the truck (15 months).

I'm just wondering an approx cost of getting new cab mounts installed, and If I should get the floor pan/rocker pannel at the same time. Also what kind of shops I should be looking for? Just a body shop? or My regular mechanic? Thanks alot guys.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Truthfully I'd probably look for a replacement cab, the amount of work involved in replacing the rockers, floor pan, and cab mounts wouldnt be worth it.
  3. Falcone

Falcone New Member

I've thought about that, but don't have a clue on where to get a replacement cab. Every truck I've seen in the scrappers was way worse. I've heard guys talk about getting parts from the south. I've from Toronto, Ontario , so that would be alot on shipping wouldn't it? Or are there guys close to the boarder?
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Most likely any trucks in the rustbelt will have similar issues.
    Check hotshot companies for shipping.