1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cab roof lights install?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by bowtie11, Jan 11, 2010.

1. bowtie11

bowtie11 New Member

just bought a set of recon led cab roof lights for my 08 2500hd (without cab lights). anyone ever install and wire these up, and is it difficult to do?
  2. Nickw059

Nickw059 New Member

well i put some on my truck, it was amber lights, like a $20 kit. I thought it was extremely easy too do. the hardest part was ripping part of my roof lining down too run the wires
  3. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

X2 on the roof lining other then that just wire to running lights
  4. Viper

Viper New Member

is there a connector avail for use for the cab roof lights?? I;m going to be doing this to my truck soon and instead of hacking into the wiring would like to use avail connections but worse case senerio I'll just have to hard wire them into my 06 z71, which location did you guys use???
  5. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

I've done chicken lights in running boards that work with the marker lights.I dont know if they left a pgi tail for you to tap. Wouldn't hurt to test a few if ya find some look where the factory over head plug is. The lead to the mark lights might run that for and not continue with your harness
  6. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

You can buy a factory harness from a GM dealer or I think it's called gm parts direct online.
  7. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

post pics!!! add would they look stupid on a non diesel????
  8. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

Mine is not a diesel, if I were to do a set on a truck that didn't come with them factory I would buy the newer style with only three lights instead of five on the obs. I tried to convert my 97's to the newer ones but the large light in the middle wouldn't cover up the holes from the 3 factory lights. Oh well.
  9. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

Lots of gas came with cab lights its a `1 ton thing
  10. bigburb

bigburb New Member ROTM Winner

Didn't they come on some 3/4-ton gassers too?

I'd like to put some cab lights on mine, but being a completely stock 1/2-ton I don't think I could pull it off until it's at least lifted some with bigger tires.