cabin air filter

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by summitwhite11, Nov 1, 2013.

1. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 New Member 100 Posts

Anyone know if there is a cabin air filter, and location, 2011 rado 1500 z71 4x4/ flex/ 5.3/ 6 speed / please and thanks.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You don't have one.. Sorry.. GM going Cheap :grrrrrr: They stopped in 02 or 03...
  3. summitwhite11

I just located that in the search feature, man, that sucks, I am used to having them and it does make a difference, sucks to be me today, on a brighter note, I was at the dealer today, getting a bleeding rear shock replaced, and got the trani tube recall issue completed, just finsihed renewing the sirius radio on the truck and HHR, I feel better now, even with dirty air. lol/ And thanks for the responce buddy. :gasp:
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What did you pay for the Sirius renew? Any more then $25.00 for 6 months you got riped off.. YES if you chat with them you can get it for $25.00
  5. summitwhite11

I got ripped then, I did ask for a price break, 39 bucks for my truck and 29 for adding the HHR for 6 months, I will do better next time. thanks for the heads up.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 on this ....I just signed on for another 6 months for $25....best deal I could get out of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely wish our trucks still came with that feature. I off-road quite a bit and dust gets very annoying and takes a lot of time to clean.
  7. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 New Member 100 Posts

Ya I wish they had the cabin filter, makes things easier. On that note, what is the best way to clean out the system since there isn't a filter?
  8. summitwhite11

I find it hard to understand GM going cheap on that item in the truck, those filters catch so much crap, I am amazed when I change one out, its like , where does this crap come from, sure would be a nice option.