Cable Box on house

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Cableguy, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do both boxes look the same?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, and both boxes have a 1 and 2 section to them with big letting saying that the homeowner is not to open section 1. However it's wide open, nothing keeping either box locked closed. Looks like the cable is coming up into one box, I'm not sure where the other box goes.

3. Cableguy

Post a pic of it close up so I can see it. Probably just sloppy installation. Rogers used to be in Texas at one point in time. They sold off and are now just Canadian company.

If door is unlocked, open door too for pictures.

4. ChevyFan

ok, give me a minute to get the photos ... "oh where or where has by USB plug gone? Oh where, oh where can it be?"

5. ChevyFan

Here they are (talk about thread hijacking --- sorry, don't give me any infractions please :neutral: )

Attached Files:

6. Cableguy

Looks to me like the house was rented to 2 couples? With 2 customer service enclosures. Everything coming coming out of that red poly pipe is from street box(live) The one with the splitter/filter in it looks live still. The box with 2 coax in it looks like its dead. If ya think its ugly remove the one thats empty(throw box out) BTW that inline filter could be a channel deletion filter or return(noise filter)
    Is that what you were looking for?

7. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I can't believe they would put the filter in such an easily accessible location.
    I thought they put those at the splitter on the pole. Or is that what they want you to think?

8. Cableguy

That CSE is supposed to be locked. It is a FEDERAL OFFENCE to tamper with cable up here. I have followed thru on charges too

9. ChevyFan

Well, that's how it was when I moved into the house! I swear! :cool:

I don't have cable so I was just wondering why I have two boxes. We've been in the house for like 15 months, so I don't know what was in there before we got in there. There is a very odd cable that runs across the house and enters into the dining room wall ... they drilled through brick to put that on in there with a box on the inside.

So the red one is live? I can take the over one out? I mean, it's on the side of my garage and that's what I park my trailer and I'm going to move my garbage cans out there, so it's not like it's an eyesore. Just wondering if any juice is coming though it or not.

10. Cableguy

Since someone was dumb enough to leave it open. Try a cable from there to a little TV for puttering in garage :biggrin:

7/16 wrench and Bob's your uncle...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007