1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Caddiac User Account was deleted

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, May 12, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

By accident, Caddiac was deleted from the site, I'm working on getting back all of the content that was deleted. That includes ALL of his threads, posts, photos, etc. This is not easy at all and I can just roll back 24 hours to get it all back, which is what I might end of doing, just have to see.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

It looks like I have to roll back to yesterday's database backup (deleting everything posted since the backup was made) in order to get back Caddiac's information.

Let me play with it to see if I can merge the two together...
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I wish my student loan account would accidentally be deleted:party::rofl:.
    But hopefully it gets worked out for Caddiac
  3. ChevyFan

This is one of the worst data loses ever on this system. It all stems from the new anti-spam software we have installed, it's designed to quickly erase all traces of a spam user account - so the user goes away, all posts, all threads, all photos, etc.

The problem is that it got applied to Caddiac somehow so his entire history is gone.

Now, I might have to roll back two days because of an incomplete backup yesterday morning. >:-( :grrrrrr:

I'm looking to see if there is a way to just restore and then add in everything new after that, but I'm not sure if I can do that.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Ok, I'm not going to penalize everyone on the site for this problem, I am working on seeing if I can get just Caddiac's posts back into the database, not that easy yet.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2!!! Good luck with the fix Steve!
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That doesn't say much about Caddiac, huh? Maybe we can give him an honorary ROTM award for being a load of SPAM. :) Just kidding and I hope you resolve it. Good luck.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Doe's that mean Caddiac is now Spam Man? LOL.
  8. ChevyFan

Well, trying to get his account back just caused the site to go down for the last 90 minutes. :-(

I'll work on this, SORRY everyone, just one of those things and I'll have to get it sorted out over the next day or two.
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for trying....actually, it's kind of quiet around here without him posting, but I am starting to miss his great sense of intelligent humor. Hmmm....I guess we have to take the good with the bad. lol.
  10. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Yeah I miss him too. I was right in the middle of "Caddies Comedy School Classes" when he got deleted, so I don't know whether to cry or ask for a refund :)