1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CAI sound

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I have a 63 series K&N and I dont notice that sound that everyone is talking about. I mean i have listend and i cant hear it my truck sounds no diffrent w/ or without it. Why is this.
  2. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

My Volant sounds stock until I give it a lot of throttle. Then it sounds really nice and deep.
  3. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

From what I have noticed my intake doesn't produce noise till about 3000 to 4000 rpms so you would have to be in process of "getting on it" normal driving I can't really hear it much
  4. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would say the same. I Have the plastic k&n intake. Fipk intake and unless your on the gas and in middle to high rpms then you can't really hear it.
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah the one on my jeep has a specific RPM where it gets noticeable. It does whistle a little bit all the time though. :neutral:
  6. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 Rockstar

i have a volant CAI on my 05 silverado and like everyone is saying i wont hear it until i get on the throttle, it is a deep throaty sound, mine also resonates a little bit if i keep it at a certain RPM....i know on my truck if i had a throttle body spacer it would actually be like a whistle...
  7. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 Rockstar

I've got the AFE Stage 2 Intake on my truck and higher RPMs is when i mostly hear mine. It does resonate alittle bit when I step on it and it does give off a slight whistle.
  8. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

My Volant whistles when slight throttle then when the RPMs go up the deep throaty sound comes.
  9. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

With my truck, when i just stuck it in neutral, and gave her some gas it would give me a whistle. But when going down the highway, and passing someone, my truck would roar. it sounded so great. Can't wait till i pick up my airaid intake