Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cam Question??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ShannonTarver, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ShannonTarver

ShannonTarver New Member

Okay I have a 2004 Chevy silverado 5.3 liter 4x4 with 90,000 miles it's a singlecab short wheelbase. I've put a cold air intake and and a STC power flash programmer on it with JBA shorty racing headers with my exhaust as a Y-Pipe off the headers with no cats and a magnaflow muffler. I've maxed on my baseline stock mods and I'm looking to get a cam and intake manifold mod but don't know where to start or what to put in. What would be my max lift and duration on a stock motor setup with the most gains at bottom end

2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! As a sugggestion, you will get more exposure and answers if you were to post your question in the Performance and Fuel forum.

3. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

I would contact Texas Speed. They can help you out. May want to consider heads too with can install. An intake isn't really worth the money though. You can see great number of HP from cam and head swap.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****THREAD MOVED****
    To The
    GENERAL CHEVY/GM TECH QUESTION
    SECTION

5. dave13net

dave13net Member

hello, i did read a post, i think on here that truckin magazine did a mild to wild build on the 5.3 . they did a setup with new cam/lifters, air intake, and then with different heads. made a difference both ways, but much better w/head change. search 5.3 mild to wild and it will come up on internet search. was looking into this myself. hope this helps