1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Camper Mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Snifford, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Snifford

Snifford New Member

Has anyone replaced standard mirrors with a set of electric extending mirrors. I put a set on my truck the other nite and I am not sure if I have to have the Body Control Module reprogramed. Anybody have an idea on this???
  2. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

Not sure about this,as far as I know its just suppose to work with your regular switch. Did another switch for the mirrors come with them, that replaces the one for just the remote mirrors? Good question.....

Jeff
  3. Snifford

Snifford New Member

No they came off from a 05 2500 hd, there was no switch to change. I contacted a local dealership but have not heard back from them yet.
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

My truck came with the regular mirriors. I looked into the power extending mirriors and decided to go with the GM camper mirriors. There is a lot more viewing area with the GM ones. Not nealy as much with the power flex extendable ones. The camper mirrors have heat, power, and turn signal.
  5. 04silverado35008.1l

04silverado35008.1l New Member

Hey let me know how things worked out for you. I want to do the smaller power extending mirrors on my 04 3500 w/ standard mirrors. Thanks
  6. tlperry68

I have a friend who did the exact swa you are looking at. He said it went easy, drilled the holes for the buttons on the drivers side door.
    I should mention that he is a maintanance director for GM.
  7. 04silverado35008.1l

what holes need drilled???? I already have power mirrors just no power extend, let me know, or if you get a how to from him, thanks, Jerry
  8. tlperry68

The holes for the extend button. He put it on the drivers door under the arm rest / handle. We almost did the same to mine but we were going to mount it on the front of the arm rest so it couldn't be seen. I decided to go with GM camper mirriors with the spotter mirrior. Now I can see a lot more of my 33' trailer. Plus I can see blind spots that I couldn't see before. And the right side mirrior is slightly convex so you can see larger images at greater distances. IF you want a picture let me know.
  9. 04silverado35008.1l

Yeah if you could get some pics that would be good, I'd appreciate it. I could probably get the switch panel that already has the extender buttons
  10. 04silverado35008.1l

well I bought my mirrors they should be here next week. I guess I'll find out if they're just a plug and play set-up