1. Chevy Truck Forum

    Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

    Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free

    Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

camper shell seals?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by capt sensible, Dec 9, 2009.

  1. capt sensible

    capt sensible Former Member

    So the seals that run along the bottom edge of the camper shell, where it rests on the bed of the truck are shot, and it's letting watter leak in. How can I replace them? I imagine, i just have ot scrape off the old seals with like a puddy knife or something, and then clean up the area real well, but what do i replace the seals with? Thanks.
  2. tbplus10

    tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

    Look at your local hardware store, around the door and window seal area.
    3M makes 2 types of seals that'll work, one is a ruber seal with a 3M tape back, and the other one is a Foam seal with a 3M tape back, I prefer the foam I've had better luck using it.
    Make sure your hold down clamps are tight after putting it on so it doesnt wear and chafe.
  3. capt sensible

    capt sensible Former Member

    excelent, thank you tim.
  4. Poor Man

    Poor Man Member

    You can also get the regular tape that adheres to the topper at a camper / rv store. That's what I did. About $12 a roll, just about enough for a regular size camper shell.


Share This Page