1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

camper shell?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by capt sensible, Aug 9, 2009.

1. capt sensible

capt sensible Former Member

Hey so I have a 2003 1500HD. It has the 6 1/2 foot bed, how wide should a camper shell be for my bed? I'm really looking to get one used off of craigslist here, but I'm not 100% sure what the dimensions I should be looking for are. I just want as cheap as possible. so... solve for W 78 x W? Thanks.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Tape measure will tell you in 5 seconds.
  3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

^^^^^

lmao

camper shells are ugly :)

x2 on the tape measure
  4. capt sensible

capt sensible Former Member

wow, i hadn't thought of that!

So I've never owned a camper shell, and the walls of the bed are like 3 inches wide, now, if the camper shell were to go all the way to the outer edge vs just past the inner edge we're talking a 4 to 5 inch difference. So, seeing as all 2003 fleetside beds are the same, I was just hoping somebody on here would have that information. Mainly so I don't have to take my tool box off, drive way the hell out to somewhere, because it sounds like it will fit, only to set the shell on my truck, and tada it's just a little too small or a little too big. But again, thanks for the tape measure idea, it never occured to me.