1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Campin where you Park!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Drake_korthos, May 4, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

I'm curious as to what everybody uses for campin, where they perfer to go, and if ya'll have any interesting stories about the trips!

Startin off I picked up a Sportz III tent for my Silverado a few years back, and haven't been happier! My new Sierra has inherited the same tent and air mattress (thankfully they both fit the new truck), with no problems! The only small issue I've run across is that some spots aren't as level as I'd like for the vehicle, which makes for interesting sleeping conditions at night! Aside from having look a little longer for a spot, this set up is awsome! Gotta love sleepin on an air mattress 3 feet off the ground (no uninvited guests...i.e. varmint!)

I have some pictures of the set up in my gallery, but I'll add some here later!
  2. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member 100 Posts

nice little setup you got there
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just came back from a Camping trip in south NJ.. With my setup I have a 10 foot bed in my truck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Drake_korthos

Awsome setup Enkeiavalanche! I can't claim as large a bed though! I will say that the most recent trip to Mt. Diablo was actually pretty nerve racking as we kinda sorta didn't check before we left if the old tent and air mattress would fit the new truck. We we more worried about not gettin to the spot in time before sunset as they locked the park down. Thankfully the tent & mattress originally for an '06 Chevy Silverado fit the 2010 GMC Sierra! As a matter of fact, we had more room in the tent since the bed was a little deeper and longer. Was quite nice!
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice - N Cozy........Put up a screen room next to the truck to eat in and keep everything else and your all set....
  6. Drake_korthos

We've been very fortunate not to have a serious bug problem while we go out camping...except the one time we went out to Eastman Lake, CA. Didn't realize that the Army Corps of Engineers had drained most of it, and that the knats were breeding. Later at night they came out attracted to the lights and the fire, by the time we went to sleep, the knats were so thick it sounded like it was raining outside! Bad trip, lol!
  7. 383man

383man New Member 100 Posts

I can't wait to get out again, went to sandlake, oregon last weekend with the camper and quads, what a blast. Going to Tahuya in the olympics for memorial day. I have a Keystone Outback KRS23 camper with front garage for the toys, It's not exactly roughing it, but it's living ill tell ya that. I'll post some pictures one of these days, i'm at work right now and i cant access photobucket, lame, and my limit is exceeded for the site...damnit lol
  8. Drake_korthos

I hear ya! I have tons of pics from Campin, but not the space for em! Wouldn't worry bout "roughin it" anyways, anywhere away for yer "normal" neighbors and surroundings is good enough for me! Besides, I'll be lookin for a nice pop up trailer in a couple years too. Course I just don't like sleepin on the ground, and I have to have a place to send the brats when they irritate me, lol! Besides, with my current set up roughin it is parkin on an uneven spot. Waking up crunched up in the corner of the bed will put a damper on anybody's trip!
  9. 383man

383man New Member 100 Posts

I know what ya mean, it's nice to have a nice comfy bed, even if your camping :) and it's nice to be able to start up the genie and let the kids watch a movie and stay outta your hair lol. here's a couple pics of a couple weeks ago at the sandlake dunes in oregon, now that i'm home i can use photobucket lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Throw in some extra lengths of 2"x6"'s next time so you can level the truck.
    I used to own a house a block away from the Walnut Creek Ca. gate to Mt Diablo back in the mid 80's, that was one of the coolest places I ever found to ride Mountain bikes.
    Lots of great camping spots in the park, my daughter and I used to jump our back fence and pitch a pup tent on the lower slopes we could walk to the house in 5 minutes, which was good because 6 year old girls dont really like the wilderness and usually want to go home about 1am in the morning.
    Brings back some memories.