Camping pics

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Stouffer, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

This is at the Cove in Gore, VA. There are some nice trails there but need a lift and tires before I can really explore.

Attached Files:

2. Stouffer

Just a couple more pics

Attached Files:

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I thougt they'd closed that area down in 2001. There was a big push from a group of conservationist's to stop all vehicle travel in the area and last I heard they had a local senator on board to help the cause.
    Glad to see it's still open, theres some nice camp spots hidden off of some of the less accessable trails. It's also a nice place to backpack at.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great place to camp and enjoy the great outdoors!

5. Stouffer

We go up there at least once a year. I try to get my brother to come up with the four wheelers but he always has an excuse and then he will tell me like a couple weeks later that he went up there. Another place that we go is out to Dolly Sods in West VA. near Smoke Hole Caverns and Seneca Rock.

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks like a nice place. I have to go pretty far to find legal campgrounds like that around here.

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Never got to go to Smoke Hole Caverns or Seneca Rock, they were on my list to visit when I lived in Va. Beach but deployments and everything else always came up instead.
    Someday I'll get back to the area to visit old friends and see some more of the country side.

8. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the pics look great, I love VA

9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow thats beautiful, great pics looks like fun!!!!!

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

now I want to go camping pretty bad ....