1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Camping Season! Do you tow a trailer with your Chevy Truck?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Camping Time! Now that we're getting to some warmer weather, let's see who's going camping this year?

What type of camping setup do you have?
    Travel trailer? Camper? Fifth wheel? pop-up trailer?

Where are you going to go?
    Friends/family, state park, national park, private campground, other?\

How long you plan on being gone?
    Weekend trips, week-long trips? Long vacations?

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I camp a little different, usually it 5 guys piled in my truck, then we get an enclosed trailer and fill it with or hiking gear. Then the street bikes and the dirt bikes and 2 four wheelers and pick a spot on the map. Hopefully I can do it soon and I'll take a few pictures it's a beautiful for site who anyone who loves bikes. I'm a Honda guy recently switched to triumph for the street though

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've always been a tenter, but going to try out the new topper this year. I would only camp out at my favorite lake to fish at, but this year I am gonna do a little back country exploring. I got myself a gazetteer atlas from DeLorme and it shows even forest service and hiking trails, as well as being a topographical map. Picked a few different places that I am going to try so I'm pretty excited.

4. carbon black

carbon black Member

Titan and Trailer 001.jpg I have a 1996 Sportsmen 23' travel trailer and the plan (so far) is to take 3 weeks in June and go visit the three national parks in the Canadian Rockies of Alberta (Waterton, Banff and Jasper) just me, the wife and the dog

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

we pull a Rockwood tent trailer.....usually fill the truck with bikes / firewood / chairs / coolers. Hope to camp maybe every 2nd
    or 3 rd weekend with new schedule at work having me off every weekend. Probably most trips to a site that has a pool as we
    are not really set-up for back-woods stuff. We usually tour around some days and find a market, or a Tim Horton's, or Ice Cream
    Brian from Ontario, Canada

6. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

My wife and I just got a 23' trailer took it to a KOA about a month ago to test it went good. Going to mt lassen in northern Cali for a week in may. Can't wait, I need to get some fishing in!

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

cool, let's see some photos when you get a chance. [MENTION=51708]Jaele[/MENTION]

8. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

We have a tt, and a seasonal spot we started last year. It's close enough to get to work, but far enough away to be the 'summer place'. When the kids have ball tournements, we'll pull up stakes and hit the nearby state park for the weekend. I think the whole crew is joining me at MIS this year, and we're planning a trip to AZ for Christmas.
    We're outside most of the time, and the trailer is mostly a rain shelter. If I can figure out this dish thing, we'll get to watch the Tiger's game, too!

Enjoy the season!

9. Brews

Brews Rockstar

We have a Laredo 5th wheel that we take to Missouri State Parks at least every other weekend. Our last trip we went to Lake Catherine State Park in Hot Springs AR. The bad news was my 2001 Duramax gave up about 5 miles from the park. The good news is I now have a 2012 2500HD!!

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My idea of camping is a Hyatt and 'roughing it' is a Motel 6. Seriously. LOL