Camping Season! Do you tow a trailer with your Chevy Truck?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

We have a 24 foot TT. But I'm also set up for a 5th wheel. We just go to private parks for weekend get aways

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Someday I'd love to have a fifth wheel, but that will likely be after the kids are all growed up. We tent camp at least a couple times per year. There are plenty of places to go in Washington. My wife's planning to take the kids a few times this summer, but we just load up the bed of the truck and take off.

3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Going on a forth season with this Rockwood Roo 21SS Hybrid.

16624096-724.jpg

Very easy to setup, and very spacious for the wife and I, with our three yorkies.

Already have 4 sites reserved this season in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.

Mostly long weekends, but the family gathering is at Higgins Lake for a week.

4. Nitehawk

Nitehawk New Member

Fish Creek Pond _13 anniversary.jpg I have a 21 ft hybrid ,looking to upgrade to a 30ft jayco if it is compatible with my Beast, I get as much camping done as possible usually somewhere in the Aderondacks NY, travel with my wife and kids sometimes my mother in law

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That's one of those newfangled, spiffy pop-up campers with the slide-outs, isn't it? I just found out those existed yesterday. They look pretty neat. But, I'm still gonna stick with my 32 foot Jayco Eagle conventional camper. :glasses:

6. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have a tent that sets up in the bed that we use for weekend campin:
    [​IMG]

Of course I'm lookin into a pop up trailer later on. Need room for a few rug rats as the tent only sleeps two comfortably! We have a few spots in the mountains I like hitting up, but I'm also lookin into new spots this year! Will definitely take photo's when we go!

7. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yup, The beds fold down and the back side slides out, so all of the floor space is usable.

It has as much room, or more, than a 30ft. conventional camper.

Very comfy...

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[​IMG]

One day.... I can go to every track around the country

9. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I sold my camper to build revenue to start a business venture a couple of years ago. Now, with 3 small kids, it isn't as easy to go camping as it once was. I have been thinking (a LOT) about building an "Expedition Trailer". That seems like it would be a BLAST!

10. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal Rockstar 100 Posts

Bought my truck with the intention of getting a camper this spring. My truck had been special ordered by the previous owner with everything heavy duty for towing -- which I'm sure they did. The way the economy looks I am a bit too hesitant to spend the money now. Still have my tents though...