Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Camping Season! Do you tow a trailer with your Chevy Truck?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

We have a 24 foot TT. But I'm also set up for a 5th wheel. We just go to private parks for weekend get aways

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Someday I'd love to have a fifth wheel, but that will likely be after the kids are all growed up. We tent camp at least a couple times per year. There are plenty of places to go in Washington. My wife's planning to take the kids a few times this summer, but we just load up the bed of the truck and take off.

3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Going on a forth season with this Rockwood Roo 21SS Hybrid.

16624096-724.jpg

Very easy to setup, and very spacious for the wife and I, with our three yorkies.

Already have 4 sites reserved this season in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.

Mostly long weekends, but the family gathering is at Higgins Lake for a week.

4. Nitehawk

Nitehawk New Member

Fish Creek Pond _13 anniversary.jpg I have a 21 ft hybrid ,looking to upgrade to a 30ft jayco if it is compatible with my Beast, I get as much camping done as possible usually somewhere in the Aderondacks NY, travel with my wife and kids sometimes my mother in law

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That's one of those newfangled, spiffy pop-up campers with the slide-outs, isn't it? I just found out those existed yesterday. They look pretty neat. But, I'm still gonna stick with my 32 foot Jayco Eagle conventional camper. :glasses:

6. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have a tent that sets up in the bed that we use for weekend campin:
    [​IMG]

Of course I'm lookin into a pop up trailer later on. Need room for a few rug rats as the tent only sleeps two comfortably! We have a few spots in the mountains I like hitting up, but I'm also lookin into new spots this year! Will definitely take photo's when we go!

7. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yup, The beds fold down and the back side slides out, so all of the floor space is usable.

It has as much room, or more, than a 30ft. conventional camper.

Very comfy...

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[​IMG]

One day.... I can go to every track around the country

9. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I sold my camper to build revenue to start a business venture a couple of years ago. Now, with 3 small kids, it isn't as easy to go camping as it once was. I have been thinking (a LOT) about building an "Expedition Trailer". That seems like it would be a BLAST!

10. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal Rockstar 100 Posts

Bought my truck with the intention of getting a camper this spring. My truck had been special ordered by the previous owner with everything heavy duty for towing -- which I'm sure they did. The way the economy looks I am a bit too hesitant to spend the money now. Still have my tents though...