1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Camping Season! Do you tow a trailer with your Chevy Truck?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Maybe one of those campers wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll have to rethink it and look into it a bit. I'm sure the wife would appreciate the relatively easy set up. Most of the places we go have pretty spacious parking spots anyway.
  2. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

We have a 30' TT (27' plus tongue). We're never gone for more than 4 days at a time, and we always go with a bunch of friends that we have known for years. We alway have a blast. We just have to remember to take along enough toys for the boys to play with, and their bikes so they can ride around. We usually just go to one of the Oregon State Parks on the coast, mostly Honeyman State Park. I don't think that either I or my wife would ever go back to tent camping.

100_8239_2.jpg
  3. dtzackus

dtzackus New Member

We just got a 2012 Gulfstream Conquest 297DBS, the actually length (hitch to bumper) is 33' 9". I still need to setup the Equal-i-zer WDH for the new 2500HD, I remember how much the Avalanche ass end dropped, I am sure the HD will not have the same problem. Will post pictures when I get the two together...
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What's the weight on that camper?
  5. dtzackus

dtzackus New Member

7100 lbs dry and 700 lbs on the tongue.

The dealership I bought the 07 Avy from told me it could pull 8500lbs (the same as my 03 Silverado), but after doing some research, it was only 7200 lbs.

I figure with the the WDH and very "lightly" packing, I would be in good shape, but when I start getting oil consumption problems and stability trac and traction control problems, plus the new 3.42 rear Chevy puts in their 1500 series, the choice was clear to go to the 2500HD. I just hope I can keep gas in it. lol

Dan
  6. lockcop

lockcop New Member

Newbie here with my 1st post:great:This is the 1st camping trip with new used 2007.5 and 32.5' Sierra 5th wheel. Maiden Voyage with Truck.jpg

Man did I get the right truck for the job. This pic was taken at Roosevelt Lake in AZ.:glasses:
  7. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

We have a 2001 Keystone Springdale 30' bunk house with slide out. Picked this one up last summer and love it. We have gone away for weekends and a week long visit to a family camping park. Taking her out this weekend for mothers day. Pulls great too, no need for anti sway bars with the factory class V set up and integrated brake control. Only sags and inch or 2 in the rear when hitched up

281640_2274814551201_1273825764_2628340_5847945_n.jpg