1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Camping with a 2001 Suburban 1500 LT

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by rs6er, Oct 25, 2010.

1. rs6er

rs6er Rockstar

Recently went on a 2500 mile camping trip to the Canadian Maritime provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland.) Bikes, kayaks, Aerobed Full Size mattress. When we just stopped for a night we slept in the Suburban with magnetic side window screen attached.

Attached Files:

2. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When we travel- usually New Orleans to Flagstaff AZ(3000 miles round trip)- enroute we sleep at rest stops in the 1998 Suburban.
    We toss a double mattress(futon/couch mattress) in the back and the 3 of us(Wife,greyhound, and me) sleep back there. Saves on motel costs, and I don't have to unload and load up at motels.

Suburban is a great travel camping vehicle!
    Charlie
  3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one who likes to carry the "sporting goods department" on the roof of my vehicle!:sign0020: I bring a tent with me though since I fill the bed up with more gear. It would be nice to sleep up high off the ground, especially on the cold and wet trips.

IMG_0838 - Copy.JPG IMG_1041 - Copy.JPG