1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Camping

Discussion in 'North America - Northeast USA' started by kevindsingleton, Mar 20, 2009.

1. kevindsingleton

kevindsingleton Rockstar

I'm looking for a good place to park the travel trailer, overnight, on our return trip from OBX, in August. We'll be coming up I95, and heading to Pittsburgh. I'd like to find a nice place to spend the night that's about 4 hours out from Pittsburgh, if possible.

Any ideas?
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

not sure how far it is from pittsburg but I camped in Jim Thorpe, PA a few years ago on a mountain bike weekend trip.
  3. kevindsingleton

kevindsingleton Rockstar

Thanks, Pete. I'll look it up, and see if that'll work for us. I'm a big Jim Thorpe fan, anyway, so maybe there's a museum!
  4. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

I can't remember the name but I think it is Chimohomny park on the James River if it is not out of your way or there are are a some places around Lake Anna. Pohick Bay in northern Va. Just some ideas for ya.