Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Camshaft 6.0

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Bigmacnchez, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

I'm looking for an better then stock replacement cam. I use the superchips vivid tuner and doesn't let me change any thing for a cam so I want to find something that will run with a stock tunes on the vivid. Don't really want to pay 600 for HP tuner.
    2005 crew 1500Hd 6.0 4l80e headers ,cold air, e-fans, exhaust, vivid tuner, no gears or locker, built transmission

2. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

ditch the tuner and get a custom tune " will need it with the cam" also do you plan on doing a stall?

3. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

Well I wasn't planning on converter. I have just about all the bolt on's I can do I just want a little more but reliable this is my daily driver. I want to do gears if I can find them and maybe locker. I'm doing head gaskets , oil pump, water pump and most anything to do in between those. So I was thinking of 243 heads and cam but I'm working with 1,500 bucks for cam, heads and tune I don't think I can do it. Trans is new with lost of upgrades. New converter but stock replacement. I can do the labor on all but gears and tune.

4. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

check out what texas speed has to offer... they do real good deals on head and cam kits. If your going to do all that you may as well up grade your intake manifold