1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can anyone guess the horsepower in this engine?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by theomen, Feb 2, 2011.

1. theomen

theomen New Member

So I'm thinking about buying this truck, but I'd like a guess at how much power it has, so any input would be much appreciated;

67 chevy truck stepside shortbed small window cab, high performance 350 chevy motor 10:1 compression pistons, pinky rods, steel crank, crane cam 480 lift 292 diration roller rockers, double roller rockers, double roller timing set, high volume oil pump, custom heads rebuilt by ferrari racing engines, holly strip domanator intake, 650 holly carb, headers & custom exhaust
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

My guess is probably around 400hp? Maybe more but idk.....
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GM truck club Omen.
    It's kind of a tough question to guess at, but if I spent that kind of money on that engine that the truck owner did, he'd be sick if he didn't get at least 500 hp & 500/550 ft lbs of torque outta it. But it could be anywhere from 400 to 600.. really difficult to say without some 1/4 mile MPH, or ETs
    Do you have any more info on the heads? Head work can make or break a build, & "custom" heads is kind of vague.
  4. theomen

theomen New Member

I asked the owner if he had any kind of 1/4 mile et. or dyno but he unfortunately didn't. I haven't test driven it yet due to it being located an hour away and didn't want to waste a trip if it was going to be under 400hp. But thanks to everyone's replies I think this truck may be worth an hour trip.
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I agree it's definitely worth an hour trip to look at it cuz if he's telling the truth about all those parts he's got in it, he spent a LOT of money. Make sure he shows you all the receipts to back up his claims about the parts he installed & the custom head work. If he can't produce the receipts, then just walk away from it.
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2, make him prove that is a stout motor, who did the build, a pro or shadetree mechanic. Do some research. But also, even with all the mods in this truck check the rear-end, is it in good shape, has that been beefed up, all the power in the world isnt gonna get ya anywhere if the last link putting it to the ground is junk or not the correct ratio. Always remember, a truck/engine like this one isnt made to be driven at 25mph around town, its built to burn the tires, and most likely has been put to the screws already. You may be able to afford the truck but can you afford to replace the engine, tranny or rearend if it goes out right away. Good luck!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X3 with the receipts, if he doesn't have them than walk away.
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well with the pistions and that cam your looking at 400hp at a miniumn.........

I think its strange that a guy who sunk that kind of money in to a truck doesnt know what that truck is putting down at the wheels...personaly I couldnt wait to get a truck like that on a Dyno.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011