1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

can anyone help me with a stock 94 suburban head unit

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by cmc1121, Feb 8, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. cmc1121

cmc1121 New Member

i bought a sony head unit and i was all excited to install it only to realize that the factory head unit doesn't have a harness plugged into it. :grrrrrr: The sony radio came with a harness to plug into the back of it but the colors are all different than the chevys. Do i just strip the factory head unit's wires and crimp them to the new harness ones until they work?? (trial and error style i guess) Can anyone help me????
  2. doggworld1233

doggworld1233 New Member

Constant 12V+Orange Switched 12V+ Yellow Ground Black Illumination Gray Dimmer n/a Antenna Right Front Left Front (+) Tan Left Front (-) Gray Right Front (+) Light Green Right Front (-) Dark Green Left Rear (+) Brown Left Rear (-) Yellow Right Rear (+) Dark Blue Right Rear (-) Light Blue
    1 person likes this.
  3. doggworld1233

doggworld1233 New Member

i dont really remember the 1994 but if it is like the older truck that had the radio next to the cluster and a tape player below the a/c vents you will have to go under the dash and there is a silver box that is above the gas pedal and it has the radio Antenna and has the radio wire with the colors stated above.
  4. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You might want to check out Crutchfield if you want something that looks cleaner. Their installation kits and harness are top notch.
  5. ksub95

ksub95 New Member

If you go to a pro audio shop or even Canadian tire sometimes carries the wire harness adapters. The wire harness adapter will come with instructions on hooking up the proper connections (12v,speakers,remote...) And then its just as simple as connecting the harness adapter to the truck and the side that cam with your deck into your deck. Hope this helps i have a 95 suburban with a pioneer deh p9800bt deck and once i got the wire harness adapter it was simple after that.

http://www.tune-town.com/wire/1992-94_GMC_Suburban_CWB701858_CWB711858.htm