Can anyone identify this truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Krushh, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Krushh

Krushh New Member

Greetings!

First post! As you can see I just joined this forum to make this post and a few inquiries... So here goes. I have a new girlfriend and after touring around this new neighborhood for quite some months now i have given up and succumbed to my urges to ask about this truck with a keen eye to restore it.

Firstly can anyone identify it?
    THANKS!

IMG-20130328-00201.jpg IMG-20130328-00202.jpg IMG-20130328-00203.jpg IMG-20130328-00204.jpg IMG-20130328-00205.jpg IMG-20130328-00208.jpg

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It is a Chevy bed from around 75-78 Looks like a Furd front end not sure on that..

3. Krushh

Krushh New Member

Thanks its definately a chevy bed cuz it says so on the tailgate. But is it a chevy or a ford truck? What model is it and ~ what yr is it thanks.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Proof Dr Frankenstein did exist.
    obviously a Chevy bed. The cab has what looks like a Ford dash. The only part of the cab /front that looks Chevy is the grill.
    It also looks like it has a PTO control in the cab.

5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Chevy rear end, Chevy seats, Ford cab - my guess is a 67ish fire truck...
    [​IMG]

6. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Cab and chassis, Ford, probably an F700 or F750. Year, - late 60's to early 70's. I have a '70 F600 ford grain truck, looks just like it. Also looks like it may have an auto trans.- Don't see a clutch pedal - maybe an Allison trans ? ( Have seen shifters like that one , hanging off the center of the dash - usually found in old school buses.) If it is an auto that would be somewhat rare for it's age. A chev. pickup box setting on the back WTH??

7. Krushh

Krushh New Member

Thanks yo!
    Ok so i want to start budgeting and dreaming at the same time. I want to put a power house in this thing with room to grow(HP) Without shooting myself in the foot. It is a fair assumption that the engine is no good and i have a lot of work on the body... However wats a good engine to use and i know a fair amount about japanese cars but i want a big truck and this is PERFECT. Whats yall advise i do with her.

Thanks for identifying it btw i went searching and it seems to be a F700 1970 maybe

8. pikefisher

pikefisher Member

Did Johnny Cash work in a truck factory too?

9. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Definitely a chop job. And a bad one at that.

10. 4x4squared

4x4squared Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

idk if id do anything with this one lol stuff thats been slapped together like this, usually isnt really.... trustworthy lol. i think youre gonna just find more and more problems the further you get into it