1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can anyone identify this truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Krushh, Apr 1, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Krushh

Krushh New Member

Greetings!

First post! As you can see I just joined this forum to make this post and a few inquiries... So here goes. I have a new girlfriend and after touring around this new neighborhood for quite some months now i have given up and succumbed to my urges to ask about this truck with a keen eye to restore it.

Firstly can anyone identify it?
    THANKS!

IMG-20130328-00201.jpg IMG-20130328-00202.jpg IMG-20130328-00203.jpg IMG-20130328-00204.jpg IMG-20130328-00205.jpg IMG-20130328-00208.jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It is a Chevy bed from around 75-78 Looks like a Furd front end not sure on that..
  3. Krushh

Krushh New Member

Thanks its definately a chevy bed cuz it says so on the tailgate. But is it a chevy or a ford truck? What model is it and ~ what yr is it thanks.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Proof Dr Frankenstein did exist.
    obviously a Chevy bed. The cab has what looks like a Ford dash. The only part of the cab /front that looks Chevy is the grill.
    It also looks like it has a PTO control in the cab.
  5. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

Chevy rear end, Chevy seats, Ford cab - my guess is a 67ish fire truck...
    [​IMG]
  6. grampy

grampy New Member 100 Posts

Cab and chassis, Ford, probably an F700 or F750. Year, - late 60's to early 70's. I have a '70 F600 ford grain truck, looks just like it. Also looks like it may have an auto trans.- Don't see a clutch pedal - maybe an Allison trans ? ( Have seen shifters like that one , hanging off the center of the dash - usually found in old school buses.) If it is an auto that would be somewhat rare for it's age. A chev. pickup box setting on the back WTH??
  7. Krushh

Krushh New Member

Thanks yo!
    Ok so i want to start budgeting and dreaming at the same time. I want to put a power house in this thing with room to grow(HP) Without shooting myself in the foot. It is a fair assumption that the engine is no good and i have a lot of work on the body... However wats a good engine to use and i know a fair amount about japanese cars but i want a big truck and this is PERFECT. Whats yall advise i do with her.

Thanks for identifying it btw i went searching and it seems to be a F700 1970 maybe
  8. pikefisher

pikefisher New Member

Did Johnny Cash work in a truck factory too?
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Definitely a chop job. And a bad one at that.
  10. 4x4squared

4x4squared New Member 100 Posts

idk if id do anything with this one lol stuff thats been slapped together like this, usually isnt really.... trustworthy lol. i think youre gonna just find more and more problems the further you get into it