1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can anyone tell me any information on this alternator(pictures)

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Royce Lancaster, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I came across this alternator in the shop today and it appears to be brand new was still wrapped in plastic when i found it, no one claims it or knows what it is. If I can find out how many amps it is i may consider putting it on my silverado as the current one is almost too small.

IMG_0824.jpg IMG_0825.jpg IMG_0826.jpg IMG_0827.jpg IMG_0829.jpg IMG_0830.jpg IMG_0831.jpg IMG_0832.jpg

All I really want to know is how many amps it is any other info is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I say just take it to autozone or a mechanic and have them bench test it and they will tell you its output
  3. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Can't help and I can't remember the last time I saw a V belt drive on an alternator.
  4. steved

steved Former Member

Times have changed, I was thinking the same thing!

I would guess buy the size and being a single groove pulley, that its likely less than 100A...it would typically be a double pulley if it was bigger than 100A.